In honour of Poetry Month, I want to know who your inner poet is. But let’s raise the stakes and make this a little more interesting.
- What does ‘inner poet” mean to you? (You might think the answer is obvious but I can see several ways to respond.)
- Now answer the question yourself: who is your inner poet? (And why?)
- Also: who do you wish was your inner poet?
- Take the quiz.
- If the poet designated in your quiz response isn’t someone who’s work you know, read a few of their poem at the Poetry Foundation or the American Academy of Poets.
- Which poet feels like the best fit? (Probably the one you already carry in your heart, not the one generated by a silly quiz. But you never know: life is full of surprises.)
- Share your answers! I can’t wait to read them. And if you’re inspired, share some links to their poetry, too.